Good fitting basics are essential to every wardrobe, and the classic white tee is the perfect foundation for styling both classic fashion and trend-right looks.
Start out by trying different sleeve lengths and different neck lines to shake up your white T-shirt routine. Then experiment with these fashion suggestions, shaping them to fit your own individual style — and remember to Show It Off!
Simple Basic to Fashion Statement!
Just moving away from same ‘ole style will make this everyday essential fresh and new. Go for something new, and remember, fashion is about fun!
- A scarf is an easy way to add a touch of chic to every outfit
- Grab some chunky jewelry! Bib necklaces, big rings, cuffs and stacks of bangles dress it up
- Pair with dark skinny jeans, a vest and clean Converse and a hat
- Cuff a pair of washed out boyfriend jeans and throw on an oversize blazer — finish off with flats for day, booties for night
Short and Sassy!
- Tuck into a short, structured skirt, show off those legs, and finish off the look with a pair of peep toe ankle boots for on-trend WOW
Long and Lean!
- Layer over Yummie Shaping Leggings in black, top off with a leather motocross jacket and sky-high heels
- Tuck into sleek, black, high-waisted pants with tons of long necklaces, or wrist bangles, plus a plain satin clutch for an night out
Change it up!
- If you always wear ballet flats with skinny jeans, try switching to a riding boot, or high-waisted wide leg jean and wedge heels
More Yummie Ideas!
I always say that Yummie Tummie is for every woman. To see how versatile the classic white t-shirt can be, we gave eight fabulous fashion bloggers their choice of a white Yummie Tummie t-shirt styles:
Then we asked them to share their ideas for making style statements with this wardrobe must have. Check out all of their fun ideas for fashion inspiration:
- Pam Lewis of Accessory Whore shows us how to elevate the Classic White T
- Jo-Lynne Shane of Musings of a Housewife demonstrates versatility with three looks to get you from morning errands to nights out with the girls
- Kim Rowley of Steal the Style calls the long sleeve white Yummie Tummie her new BFF (aw, thanks, we love you too!)
- Brigitte Nanette of Fashion Girlz shows how the 3/4 sleeve t-shirt works with three fall/winter looks
- Ellen Christian of the Socialite’s Closet goes for classic layers in Vermont with a long sleeve t-shirt
- Nicole Feliciano of Momtrends demonstrates — with video! — how accessories keep you out of wardrobe ruts
- Leah of A Girl and A Boy wears lipstick as an accessory (woot!) in one of her two looks with her long-sleeve v-neck
- Valerie Rowenkamp of Charmed Valerie is giving us a craving for pops of color and big silk flowers in the video of her three looks
Thanks to these lovely ladies for their inspiration. Got a great idea for styling? Share it in the comments!